Explore all major tourist destinations of old Delhi in this half day Delhi city tour by chauffer driven car. Get in touch with the history and culture of ancient Delhi as you visit Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Raj Ghat, India Gate and President House.
08:00 Hrs proceed for old Delhi by our chauffer driven vehicle from your Delhi hotel as per guest request. You will visit the following sights.
01. Red Fort: In the heart of old Delhi the capital and residential fort of Mughal dynasty in India for nearly 200 years. Red fort was constructed by fifth Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in 1639 and the Fort was named Red Fort is for its massive enclosing walls of red sandstone. Red Fort houses a number of museums, courtyards and heritage sites.
02. Jama Masjid: One of the largest mosques built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in India. Jama Masjid was constructed in 1656 AD at a cost of 1 million rupees. The construction of mosque was taken 12 years to complete. Mosque can accommodate more than 25,000 peoples each time for prayer. The three great gates of Jama Masjid, four towers and three domes on the terrace are surrounded by two 40 m high minarets.
03. Raj Ghat: On the bank of Yamuna River a memorial dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi. Raj Ghat is a black marble platform that marks the spot of Mahatma Gandhi's cremation on 31 January 1948, a day after his assassination. Other memorial in Raj Ghat area are belongs to the Jawaharlal Nehru, Lal Bahadur Shastri, Indira Gandhi, Jagjivan Ram, Choudhary Charan Singh, Rajiv Gandhi, Giani Zail Singh, Shankar Dayal Sharma, Devi Lal, P. V. Narasimha Rao, Chandra Shekhar, and I. K. Gujral.
04. India Gate: In the center of New Delhi astride the Rajpath, the 42 m high war memorial to the soldiers of Indian Army who died in the First World War in France and the Third Anglo-Afghan War. India Gate was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens and foundation stone was laid on 10 February 1921. Architectural style of India Gate is often compared with the Arc de Triomphe in Paris and Gate way of India in Mumbai.
05. President House: The official residence of Indian president in New Delhi. Previously president house is use as Viceroy's House. Construction of President House started 1912 and it took 17 years to complete. The President house is a creation of British architect Edwin Landseer Lutyens in New Delhi. He built one of the grandest symbols of power as a President House.
|Single Occupancy||INR 1550/-|
|Per Person (Twin sharing Plan)||INR 780/-|
|Per Person (Triple sharing Plan)||INR 420/-|